Saturday, April 11, 2015

Slowing Down

I've been struggling with wanting to slow down, simplify and organize my life.  I certainly will be slowing down a little bit!

Yesterday I had surgery.  They corrected my bunions on both sides of my left foot.  A few years ago I had my right foot worked on.  The first doctor who did it wrecked my foot requiring me to have a second surgery from a different doctor 6 months later.  I swore I would never do it again.  However the last year I have been having increasing pain in my left foot.  It really got bad when I started working out again.  

So, I gave in and had the surgery, hoping that this will be an easier, quicker recovery.  They shaved the bones and placed 2 screws on each side.  Today has been rough to say the least.  Thankfully my husband is taking great care of me.  He has kept the kids busy, house picked up, and has done all the duties that I usually do throughout the day.  Plus he has gotten me ice packs, drinks, meds, and anything I ask of him he graciously does it.  I'm so lucky to have him!

So in my down time I rented some books from the library about finding balance, organizing and simplifying.  If anyone has any books they would recommend I would love to hear it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment