Monday, April 13, 2015

The Start of Gardening Season 2015

April 4th I got my first seeds planted.  Peas, lettuce, spinach, kale and swiss chard.

Thanks to my son Tony for snapping some pictures for me!

I am so excited for the nicer weather and getting out and digging in the dirt.  My wonderful husband got my garden all tilled up a couple weeks ago.  I have added a new area along the edge of my original garden.  I'm hoping to transplant some raspberry canes.

If you are curious if you can start planting you can check out this site to see what zone you are in. It is important to know what zone you live in so you can determine the last frost dates.   Garden.org is also a great site.  You can enter your zip code and it will tell you what zone you are in.  Local folks, Iowa is Zone 5 and this site will give you a calendar of when you can start planting your vegetables.



No comments:

Post a Comment